Lee L. Snyder Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence from the relatives of the soldiers commanded by Snyder who had been killed at the Lake Garda tragedy (1945); notes from field artillery school (n.d.).
- Snyder, Lee L.,Jr.,1920-1990. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Lee L. Snyder Jr. was born in Sherburne, Minn. in 1920 and enlisted in the Army at Anoka, Minn. in 1941. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had attended four years of high school and had been a member of the Minnesota National Guard. Snyder joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to the Headquarters of the 605th Field Artillery Battalion, but he also served with Companies C and B of the 605th. Snyder transferred to Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. He attained the rank of First Lieutenant and received that Bronze Star medal for his actions during the Apennines and Po Valley campaigns in 1945. Snyder died in Ephrata, Wash. in 1990.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Snyder, Lee L., Jr., 1920-1990 -- Archives.
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script