LaVern O. Trepp Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains family correspondence (1940-1945); ephemera (1945); payroll documents (1945); correspondence (1999).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
LaVern O. Trepp was born in Kief, North Dakota in 1917 and enlisted in the Army at Wausau, Wisconsin in 1942. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed two year of college and was working as a repairman. Trepp joined the 10th Mountain Division and was assigned to the 87th Infantry Regiment serving with numerous companies before becoming a medic with the 10th Medical Battalion. He participated in the invasion of Kiska Island, Alaska in 1943 and received a Bronze Star Medal during service in Italy.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; LaVern Trepp; 1994.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Trepp, LaVern O., 1917- -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- United States. Army. Medical Battalion, 10th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- LaVern O. Trepp Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 9, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script