Peter A. Wick Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains personal correspondence (1942, 1945).
- 1942, 1945
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Peter Wick was born in New York City, N.Y. in 1915 and enlisted in the Army at Fort Devens, Mass. in 1942. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed one year of college and worked as a salesman. Wick joined the 10th Mountain Division doing early duty at Mount Rainier, Wash. and during the Columbia Ice Fields expeditions. He served with Company F and L of the 87th Infantry Regiment, the Mountain Training Group, the Headquarters Company of the 2nd Battalion of the 86th Infantry Regiment, and Company C of the 85th Infantry Regiment. Before being sent to Italy, his duty stations were Fort Lewis, Wash.; Camp Hale, Colo.; Fort Ord, Calif.; Kiska, Alaska; and Camp Swift, Tex. Wick was wounded in action at Mt. della Spe in 1945 and attained the rank of Staff Sergeant. He died in 1994.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Betty Wick, 2003.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Photographs transferred to 10th Mountain Division Digitized Photographs Collection (TMD351)
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- Wick, Peter A., 1915-1994 -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script