Paul C. Turner Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence (1943); military papers (1943-1945).
- Turner, Paul C.,1923-1996. (Person)
- Turner, Paul C., Mrs., (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Paul C. Turner was born in Portland, Or. in 1923 and enlisted in the Army at Corvallis, Or. in 1942. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried and had attended one year of college. Turner joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to Headquarters, the 1st Battalion of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He also served with Company K of the 86th Infantry and with Company A of the 85th Infantry. Turner was transferred to Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. He attained the rank of Private First Class. Turner died in 1996.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Paul C. Turner, 2000.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Turner, Paul C., 1923-1996 -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States