Clayton E. Anderson Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains copies of black and white photographs with notes and/or captions added. Subjects include: mule training (1944); images taken at Riva Ridge, Italy (1945).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Clayton Anderson was born in Washington State in 1923 and enlisted in the Army at Tacoma, Washington in 1942. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried and had attended one year of college. Anderson joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado. He was assigned to Company B of the 10th Quartermaster Battalion, where he eventually became the company's first sergeant. Anderson also served at Camp Swift, Texas and during combat operations in Italy.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Clayton Anderson; 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Anderson, Clayton E., 1923- -- Archives.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Quartermaster Battalion, 10th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clayton E. Anderson Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 10, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script