George R. Senner Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains an edited and transcribed copy of Senner's war diary (ca.1945).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
George R. Senner was born in Whiting, Kan. in 1924 and enlisted in the Army at Seattle, Wash. in 1942. At the time of his enlistment he was single and had completed four years of high school. Senner joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to Headquarters of the 1st Battalion of the 86th Infantry Regiment, serving also in Company G and Headquarters of the 85th Company Regiment. He was sent to Camp Swift, Tex., and from there to Italy. During combat operations in Italy, Senner attained the rank of Private First Class and was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions at Castel D'Aiano in 1945. Senner died in 2003.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, George R. Senner, 1997.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Senner, George R., 1924-2003 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Diaries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script