Kermit W. Moore Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a biographical sketch of Moore (n.d.); newspaper clippings (n.d.); portrait of Moore (ca.1952); color and black and white reunion photographs (1984); photograph of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943) taken by Winston Pote.
- 1943, 1984
- Moore, Kermit W.,1921-2004. (Person)
- Moore, Gladys, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Kermit Wayne Moore was born in West Virginia in 1921 and inducted into the Army in 1942. He came to Camp Hale, Colorado as a mess sergeant with the 123rd Ordinance Company, but transferred to the Headquarters Company of the Mountain Training Center. Later Moore was with the 10th Mountain Division headquarters, where he served in the Division's officers mess. Eventually, he served as food service inspector. After World War II, Moore joined the W. Va. National Guard and served as first sergeant for the 1092nd Engineer Combat Battalion during the Korean War. He died in 2004.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Gladys Moore; 2004.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Collection incorporates former photo collection #2005.036.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Biographies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Moore, Kermit W., 1921-2004 -- Archives.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Studio portraits Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Ordinance Company, 123rd.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kermit W. Moore Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 21, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States