Earl R. Lidh, Jr. Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains photographic negatives taken by Lidh of Camp Carson, Colo., Camp Hale, Colo., Cooper Hill Sky Area, Leadville, Colo. and the 38th Regimental Combat Team during training (1947-1948).
- Lidh, Earl R.,Jr.,1922-1990. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Earl R. Lidh, Jr. was born in Illinois in 1922 and enlisted in the Army at Madison, Wisconsin in 1940. At the time of enlistment, he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and was working as an actor. Lidh was not a member of the 10th Mountain Division, but served with Company G of the 128th Infantry Regiment, 32nd Infantry Division at Camp Beauregard, Louisiana. After World War II, he was the photographer for the 38th Regimental Combat Team located at Camp Hale, Colorado and Camp Carson, Colorado. He died in Florida in 1990.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; Unknown.
Collection incorporates from photo collection #2005.039.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Black-and-white negatives Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Carson (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lidh, Earl R., Jr., 1922-1990 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Earl R. Lidh, Jr. Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 22, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script