Ronald F. Lestina Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a scrapbook of clippings of the 10th Mountain Division in Europe (1945); copies of Stars and Stripes.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ronald Lestina was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1923 and enlisted in the Army at Camp Grant, Illinois in March 1943. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and was also stationed at Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. Lestina served with Companies A and F of the 86th Infantry Regiment; 90th Infantry Regiment; Service Company, Company B, Headquarters 2nd Battalion of the 87th Infantry Regiment. He attained the rank of Private First Class. Lestina died in Westminster, Colorado in May 1997.
1 oversize boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Joseph Lestina; Gift; 1997.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Enlistment record listed under the name Ronald F. Lastina.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lestina, Ronald F., 1923-1997 -- Archives.
- Magazines (periodicals) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ronald F. Lestina Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 19, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script