Charles B. McLane Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains assorted black and white photographs of the 87th Mountain Infantry Division at Ft. Lewis, Wash. and Camp Hale, Colo. during ski troop training, 87th G.T. choir, mules and leisure time (1941-1942). Many of the individuals are identified.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Charles Benedict McLane was born in Concord, New Hampshire in 1919 and joined the Army at New York City, New York on November 12, 1941. At the time of enlistment, he had completed four years of college and was working in the entertainment field. A graduate of Dartmouth college, McLane was a competitive skier in his youth and captain of the Dartmouth ski team. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Ft. Lewis, Washington serving in Companies A and E of the 87th Infantry Regiment and Company L of the 86th Infantry Regiment. McLane later served at Camp Hale, Colorado before transferring to the Army's Psychological Warfare Division. After the war, he became a professor at Dartmouth and an author. McLane died in Hanover, New Hampshire on February 23, 2008.
1 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Charles B. McLane; 1991.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ft. Lewis (Wash.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McLane, Charles B. -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Charles B. McLane Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 23, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script