Thomas R. Brooks Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence; written recollections; copy of a short story by Brooks (1991); and the manuscript of : "10th Mountain Division" history (1997).
- 1991, 1997
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas R. Brooks was born in Mass. in 1925 and joined the Army at Ft. Devens, Mass. in 1943. At the time of enlistment, he had three years of high school and unmarried. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo., and subsequently went to Camp Swift, Tex. and then Italy. He served in Company L of the 90th Infantry Regiment, also Company G of the 85th Regiment. During his combat service in Italy, Brooks received a Bronze Star medal for his actions at Marzola Hill 762. Brooks attained the rank of Private First Class.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Thomas Brooks, 2002.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Brooks, Thomas R. -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 90th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script