Lawrence S. Brown Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains assorted clippings (n.d.); correspondence (1943-1944, 1974); photographs (1943-1989); and other related ephemera (n.d.).
- Brown, Lawrence S.,1923-1990. (Person)
- Brown, Susannah, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Lawrence S. "Lawrie" Brown was born in Massachusetts in 1923 and enlisted in the Army at Salt Lake City, Utah in 1943. He had completed fours years of high school, was unmarried and working as a skilled mechanic and repairman. Brown joined the 10th Mountain Division and served at Camp Hale, Colorado, Camp Swift, Texas, and in Italy. He was a Technician Grade 4 with the Headquarters of the 3rd Battalion, 86th Infantry Regiment, but later transferred to Headquarters of the 3rd, 85th Infantry Regiment. While engaged in combat in Italy, he was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his action at Mt. Belvedere in February 1945, and a second Bronze Star for his actions at Castel D'Aiano in April 1945. Lawrence Brown died in 1990.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Susannah Brown; 1999.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Brown, Lawrence S., 1923-1990 -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawrence S. Brown Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 22, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States