Thomas A. Curtis Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains family related correspondence (1943-1945); an introduction to his letters (1998); clippings and a slide presentation and narrative on Italy (1945, 1991).
- Curtis, Thomas A.,1925-2007. (Person)
- Curtis, Thomas A., 1925-2007, (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Thomas A. Curtis was born in Berkeley, Calif. in 1925 and enlisted in the Army at the Presidio of Monterey, Calif. in 1944. At the time of enlistment, Curtis had completed one year of college and was unmarried. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex., and served in Company A for the 87th Infantry Regiment attaining the rank of Sergeant. While engaged in combat operations in Italy, Curtis was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions in the Apennines and the Po Valley, where he had been wounded in action. Curtis died in 2007.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Thomas A. Curtis, 1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Curtis, Thomas A., 1925-2007 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Presentations (communicative events) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States