William G. Ferguson Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains an assortment of correspondence; battle stories (1999); ephemera (ca.1945); journals (ca.1945); photographs from Italian Campaign (1945); and Duncan's military papers (1942-1945).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
William G. Ferguson was born in the British Isles in 1912 and enlisted in the Army at Ft. Benjamin Harrison, Indiana in April 1944. He had completed three years of high school, was a retail manager and married at the time of his enlistment. Ferguson joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Texas and was assigned to the Service Company of the 86th Infantry Regiment, later with Company B of the 86th. He was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions at San Benedetto Po in April 1945. Ferguson attained the rank of Private First Class. He died in Minnesota in 2002.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Marion S. Kaping; 2004.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Incorporates former collection: -M2005.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ferguson, William G., 1912-2002 -- Archives.
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- William G. Ferguson Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 10, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script