Hans H. Hagemeister Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains military papers (1943-1945); personal papers (1982); correspondence (1943-1945); and ephemera (1943).
- 1943-1945, 1982
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Hans Hagemeister was born in 1909 in N.J. and enlisted in the Army in May 1943 at San Francisco, Calif. At the time of his enlistment he had completed 4 years of college, was engaged in sports, sports instruction and officiating and was married. Hagemeister joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to the 10th Mountain Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, later serving in Company B of the 10th Quartermaster Battalion, Headquarters First Battalion of the 87th Infantry Regiment and Company L of the 87th. He transferred to Camp Swift, Tex. before serving in Italy. Hagemeister attained the rank of Private First Class and died in 1995.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Hans Hagemeister, 1988.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dog tags Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hagemeister, Hans H., 1909-1995 -- Archives.
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script