Terris Moore Papers
Scope and Contents
The items in the collection include Moore's Alaska diary (1942); military papers, memos, notes pertaining to the creation of various items used by soldiers in mountain warfare (1942-1943); transcript of Lowell Thomas radio broadcast (1942).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Terris Moore was born in Haddonfield, New Jersey in 1908 and received a B.A. (1929), an M.B.A. (1933), and a Doctorate (1937). In the 1930s he was one of the most renowned mountain climbers in the U.S. During World War II, Moore served as an expert consultant to the Army Quartermaster General from 1942 to 1944. In this capacity, he helped to create many of the items that were subsequently used by the Army in mountain and winter warfare. Moore died in 1993.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Terris Moore; 1993.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Moore, Terris, 1908-1993 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Equipment. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Specifications Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Terris Moore Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 9, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script