Roy T. "Tuck" Moore Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains newspaper clippings and articles (2000, 2001); killed-in-action paperwork (1945); transcripts of Moore's diary (1944); copies of military papers (1947, ca.1990); photographs (1943-1945).
- 1944-1945, 1990s-2001
- Moore, Roy T.,1910-1945. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Roy T. "Tuck" Moore was born October 13, 1910 and enlisted in the Army at Camp Blanding, Fla. in 1943. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Tex., where he was assigned to Headquarters Company of the 2nd Battalion of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He was sent to Italy and engaged in combat operations against German forces as a member of Company F of the 86th. Moore was killed in action at Castel D'Aiano Hill 813 in March 1945.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Ross A. Raney, 1996-2001, 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Moore, Roy T., 1910-1945 -- Archives.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Death. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script