Robert J. Nordhaus Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes files notebooks from Italy (1945); and a biography from the New Mexico Ski Hall of Fame (2003).
- 1941-1948, 2003
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Nordhaus was born in N.M. in 1909 and enlisted in the Army at Santa Fe, N.M. in 1941. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to the 10th Headquarters Company and later served in the 710th Mountain Ordinance; and the 10th Quartermaster Battalion, Headquarters. Nordhaus transferred to Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. He received a Bronze Star medal for his actions in the Apennines and Po Valley. Nordhaus attained the rank of Major. He died in 2007.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Robert J. Nordhaus, 1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Biographies (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nordhaus, Robert J., 1909-2007 -- Archives.
- Notebooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script