Edgar E. Payne Papers
Scope and Contents
The materials include: correspondence (n.d.); manuscript by Payne: "Ed's War: 1939-1945" (2006).
- Payne, Edgar E.,1921- (Person)
- Payne, Edgar E., 1921- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Edgar E. Payne was born in Tex. in 1921 and enlisted in the Washington State National Guard in 1939 while he was still in high school. He transferred to the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment in December 1941, serving in Companies D and H and the Headquarters Company of the 2nd Battalion. Payne was stationed at Fort Lewis, Wash.; Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Carson, Colo.; and at Fort Ord, Calif. He participated in the invasion and occupation of Kiska Island, Alaska in the fall of 1943. After returning to Camp Hale, Payne was selected for Officer's Training School and transferred to Fort Benning, Ga.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Edgar Payne, 2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Carson (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Payne, Edgar E., 1921- -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States