Ernest L. Tapley Jr. Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains an autograph album signed by members of the 10th Mountain Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop (ca. 1944); copy print of photograph (ca. 1998).
- Tapley, Ernest L.,Jr.,1924- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ernest L. Tapley Jr. was born in Mass. in 1924 and enlisted in the Army at Boston, Mass in 1943. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed two years of high school and was employed as a lumberman. Tapley joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo., serving at different times in Companies C, G and A of the 86th Mountain Infantry Regiment, later with the Mountain Training Group and the 10th Mountain Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop. In June 1944, he transferred to the North Pacific Combat School. Tapley attained the rank of Technician Grade 5.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Autograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Autographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tapley, Ernest L., Jr., 1924- -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script