Paul W. Clark Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a scrapbook with photographs of the Italy Reunion Tour (1969); Italian newspaper articles; photocopies of photographs. A second small book contains clippings and a copy of a short memoir: "Dear Arlene" (n.d.) written by Clark.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Paul Clark was born in N.H. in 1922 and enlisted in the Army at New York City in December 1942. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working as a file clerk. Clark joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and later transferred to Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. He served in Company A and Company B of the 86th Infantry Regiment. Clark received a Bronze Star medal for his actions at St. Benedetto, and a second Bronze Star medal for service in the Apennines and Po River area in the Spring of 1945. He attained the rank of Staff Sergeant. Clark died in 1995.
1 oversize folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Paul W. Clark; 1989.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clark, Paul W., 1922-1995 -- Archives.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Color photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Paul W. Clark Papers
- Keli Schmid
- December 28, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script