Charles A. Peterson Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains articles, clippings, snapshots, postcards and military photographs documenting the 10th Mountain Division in Italy; photographs of Camp Hale, Colo.; Peterson's service in Korea (1943-1953).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Charles A. Peterson was born in Anamoose, N.D. in 1905 and joined the Army in 1924. During World War II, he was a Lieutenant Colonel with the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and Camp Swift, Tex. before deployment to Italy. He was assigned to Headquarters of the 10th Mountain Division. Peterson received two Bronze Star medals for his actions in the Apennines and the Po River areas in the spring of 1945. He also received a Silver Star medal, Italian Cross of Valor and the Cross of Merit with two oak leaf clusters. Peterson retired from the Army in 1954 after service in Korea and having attained the rank of Colonel. He died in Colorado Springs, Colo. in 1991.
1 oversize folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; William Boddington; Unknown. Gift; Estate of William Peterson; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Peterson, Charles A., 1905-1991 -- Archives.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Postcards. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Charles A. Peterson Papers
- Keli Schmid
- December 28, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script