Neil J. Christie Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a scrapbook of newspaper clippings compiled by Christie's wife.
- circa 1943-1945
- Christie, Neil J.,1922- (Person)
- Christie, David, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Neil J. Christie was born in South Dakota in 1922 and enlisted in the Army at Eugene, Oregon in September 1940. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed three years of high school and working in the entertainment field. Christie joined the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Lewis, Washington, but was also stationed at Camp Hale, Colorado and Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. He served with the 41st Infantry Division Ski Patrol; Company D of the 87th Infantry Division; Mountain Training Headquarters; 10th Mountain Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop; Mountain Training Group; and with Companies G and F of the 85th Infantry. Christie was wounded in action at Serre D'Aiano in April 1945. He attained the rank of Corporal.
1 oversize box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
David Christie; Gift; 1997.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Christie, Neil, 1922- -- Archives.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 41st. Ski Patrol.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Neil J. Christie Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 19, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States