Lee Lester Snyder Jr. Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains photocopies of clippings on the Italian Campaign assembled into a scrapbook (n.d.).
- Snyder, Lee Lester,Jr.,1920-1990. (Person)
- Snyder, Ethel, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Lee Snyder was born in Minnesota in 1920 and enlisted in the Army at Anoka, Minnesota in February 1941. At the time of enlistment, he was unmarried, had attended four years of high school and a member of the National Guard. Snyder joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado where he was assigned to Headquarters and later with companies C and B of the 605th Field Artillery Battalion. He also served at Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. Snyder received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions in the Apennines and the Po River area in Spring 1945. He attained the rank of First Lieutenant. Snyder died in Ephrata, Washington in 1990.
1 oversize box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Ethel Snyder; Gift; 1993.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Snyder, Lee Lester, Jr., 1920-1990 -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lee Lester Snyder Jr. Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 16, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States