Jeddie P. Brooks Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a scrapbook with clippings and other memorabilia (ca.1943-1945).
- circa 1943-1945
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Jeddie Brooks was born in Massachusetts in 1925 and enlisted in the Army at Springfield, Massachusetts in February 1942. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed three years of high school and employed as a metalworker. Brooks joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado where he was assigned to Company G of the 86th Infantry Regiment, later with Company F of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. Brooks was twice wounded in action near Tamburini in March 1945 and again near Torre Iussi (Rocca di Roffeno) in April 1945. He received the Bronze Star medal. Brooks died in Savoy, Massachusetts in 2004.
1 oversize folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Jeddie Brooks; Gift; 1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Collection incorporates former TMD scrapbook #46.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Brooks, Jeddie P., 1925-2004 -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 84th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jeddie P. Brooks Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script