Rocky Mountain Coal and Iron Company Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a copy of a report submitted to Newell Beeman, General Manager of the Rocky Mountain Coal & Iron, Co., Red Canyon, Wyo. by John McNeil, Mining Engineer, Denver, Colo. (September 5, 1895). The reports concerns an explosion that occurred in the no. 5 mine on March 20, 1895.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Mining operation located in Red Canyon, Wyo. during the late 19th and eary 20th centuries. In 1898 the number of employees totalled 82, with the production for the year ending at 87, 244 tons of lump coal, and 6155 tones of slack coal. The company shipped its' coal to Utah.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Anne Bond, 2009.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Accident reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Coal -- Wyoming -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Coal mine accidents -- Wyoming -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Coal mines and mining -- Wyoming -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rocky Mt. Coal & Iron Co. -- Archives.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script