Robert G. Langer Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains clippings on the Italian Campaign (1945).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert Langer was born in Pennsylvania in 1918 and enlisted in the Army at New Cumberland, Pennsylvania in September 1941. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and employed as a general office clerk. Langer joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Carson, Colorado, but was also stationed at Camp Hale, Colorado and Camp Swift, Texas. before being sent to Italy. He served with the Headquarters, Companies A and D of the 126th Mountain Engineer Battalion, and also with the 226th Engineer Company. Langer received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions at Mt. Belevdere in February 1945. He attained the rank of 1st Sergeant. Langer died in Erie, Pennsylvania in 2005.
1 oversize boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Robert Langer; Gift; 1994.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Carson (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Langer, Robert G., 1918-2005 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Engineer Company, 226th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Engineer Battalion, 126th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Robert G. Langer Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 17, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script