J. Harold Dumm Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a CD-ROM of 204 black and white photographs of military training at Camp Hale, Colo. and Camp Swift, Tex. (1943-1944).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
James Harold Dumm was born in Pennsylvania in 1912 and enlisted in the Army at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1943. At the time of enlistment he was married, had completed 4 years of college and was working as clerk in a financial institution. Dumm joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado and was assigned to Company A of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He later transferred to Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy where he participated in combat operations. Dumm attained the rank of Technician, Grade 5. J. Harold Dumm passed away in 2011, at the age of 99.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Douglas Dumm; 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Digital images Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dumm, James Harold, 1912- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- J. Harold Dumm Papers
- Keli Schmid
- April 22, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script