Gordon H. Grayum Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of a scrapbook of postcards, newspaper clippings, information on training at Camp Swift, Tex., actions of the 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Italian Campaign, and pin-up series of "Mountains of the Week" (1943-1945).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Gordon H. Grayum was born in Wash. state in 1924 and enlisted in the Army at Seattle, Wash. in April 1943. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried and had completed one year of college. Grayum joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was later assigned to Camp Swift, Tex. before transferring to Italy. He served with the 110th Signal Company and was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his actions in the Apennines and Po River area in Italy. He attained the rank of Technician Grade 4.
1 oversize folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Gordon H. Grayum; 1989.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Grayum, Gordon H. Grayum, 1924- -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Signal Company, 110th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Gordon H. Grayum Papers
- Keli Schmid
- December 28, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script