Charlotte Collie Papers
Collection contains correspondence, reminiscences, clippings; also programs, directories, and other publications about Wolcott School (a private school for girls in Denver, Colo.) and its alumnae. Some material on Teller Elementary School in the Denver Public Schools system.
Sevenn pages from personal photograph album (1920s) with 60 black and white photographs show students and staff at Wolcott School, Denver, Colo. (1920s); additional images of Sterling, Colo. and Wyoming are included.
Photograph album page identifications: Wolcott School 1920 -- Wolcott -- Wyoming -- Miss Starling -- [Touring Car] -- Wolcott 1920-1924 -- Wolcott -- Denver -- 1920-1924 Wolcott -- Mlle. LeFraper -- Mlle. DiVoux -- Wolcott School, Marie Louise Degen -- Sterling [Colo.] people -- Jimmy, John, Jess -- John R. Coen -- Burnace.
- Collie, Charlotte M., 1884-1980 (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Charlotte Collie was a Colorado school teacher born June 2, 1884 in Sugar Loaf, Colo. daughther of Mary Elizabeth (Bard) Collie (1853-1912) and Joseph Edward "Ned" Collie (1879-1958). Graduated from the University of Colorado (1906). Taught high school in Idaho Springs, Colo. Collie was also on the elementary school faculty of the Wolcott School in Denver (1920-1924) and later taught at Teller Elementary School before retiring from Denver Public Schools (1950). She died in Denver on December 25, 1980 and is buried in Columbia Cemetery, Boulder, Colo.
1 box(es) ; .3 linear feet
1 photo box(es)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Mrs. Erl H. Ellis, Denver, Colo.; 1981. Gift; Scott Ellis; n.d.
Collection includes former C Photo Album 300 [formerly PAFI Album # 300].
Some photographic prints have identification.
Album pages are unbound.
- Collie, Charlotte M., 1884-1980 -- Archives.
- Elementary school teachers -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- School children -- Colorado -- Denver -- History -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teachers -- Colorado -- Denver -- History -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teller School (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Wolcott School (Denver, Colo.) -- Photographs.
- Finding Aid for the Charlotte Collie Papers.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script