Stephen A. Smith Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 49 b/w photographs of the Kiska Campaign with map, and time line journal. Some of the photographs have identifiedtifed and notated.
- Smith, Stephen A.,1920-2010. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Stephen A. Smith was born in California on January 9, 1920 and enlisted in the Army on June 27, 1942. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, and had completed four years of high school. Smith joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado were he was assigned to Company B of the 87th Infantry Regiment. He also served at Fort Ord, California; Kiska, Alaska; and Camp Carson, Colorado. In February 1944, Smith transferred out of the 10th Mountain Division to become part of the 90th Infantry Regiment.
1 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smith, Stephen A., 1920-2010 -- Archives.
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stephen A. Smith Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 8, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States