George Furgeson Discharge
Scope and Contents
Certificate of discharge dated January 6, 1864 for George Furgeson, Company A.
- January 6, 1864
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- United States.Army.Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 14th. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Raised under the "Ten Regiment Bill", the 14th Illinois Infantry was mustered into Federal service for a three year enlistment on May 25, 1861, at Jacksonville, Ill. The Regiment was later consolidated with the 15th Illinois Infantry on July 1, 1864 as the 14th and 15th Battalion Illinois Volunteer Infantry. Reorganized as the 14th Illinois on April 28, 1865, the regiment was mustered out on September 18, 1865, at Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Unknown, n.d.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Discharges Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Furgeson, George -- Archival resources.
- Military discharge -- Illinois -- 1864. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment, 19th -- Archival resources.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script