Allan E. Peck Papers
Scope and Contents
Materials on Peck include: copies of personal photographs (1940, 1944, 2008); copies of his military records: training certificate, payroll, General Orders, intelligence memorandum, 10th Mountain Division commendations and citations,(1944, 1945), draft copy of the "85th Mountain Infantry Regimental History (1945); personal records: birth certificate, marriage license, correspondence (1920, 1944, 1945, 2008).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Allan E. Peck (1920-2000) was born in Kent, Conn. on April 14. He completed two years of high school before enlisting in the Army at Fort Dix, N.J. on May 16, 1944. At the time of his enlistment, Peck was married and working as a truck driver. Peck joined the 10th Mountain Division while it was training at Camp Swift, Tex. He was assigned to the 85th Infantry Regiment, Company L. During combat operations in Italy, Peck was wounded in action near Mount Belvedere on February 20, 1945 and again on Hill 913 near Castel d'Aiano on April 15, 1945. Following the war, Peck worked in the lumbering industry.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Stefanie Fitzpatrick, 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Family papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Peck, Allan E., 1920-2000 -- Archives.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Soldiers -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script