George U. Nelson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a copy of Nelson's memoir: The World War II Experiences of George Nelson Jr. (2007); two color photographs of George Nelson and Darryl Sannes (2009).
- 2007, 2009
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
George U. Nelson, Jr., was born on June 6, 1925 in Duluth, Minn. and volunteered for the ski troops as one of the three-letter-men. He arrived at Camp Hale, Colo. on September 20, 1943 and was assigned to Company C of the 85th Infantry Regiment. Nelson was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. and fought during the Italy Campaign.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Darryl G. Sannes, 2011.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nelson, George U., 1925- -- Archives.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script