Richard Schwarzchild Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a copy of Schwarzchild's unpublished autobiography: Without fear of infamy (n.d.); Senator Robert Dole correspondence (1996). German military uniform patches, German and Italian currency, safe conduct passes and receipts for surrendered soldiers, ephemera, letter transcripts, AMS map (1944-1945).
- 1943-1945, 1966
- Schwarzchild, Richard,1924- (Person)
- Schwarzchild, Richard, 1923- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Richard Schwarzchild was born in New York State November 29, 1924. He completed a year of college and was working for a furrier at the time of his enlistment in the U.S. Army on February 18, 1943. As a member of the 10th Mountain Division, Schwarzchild served in the 90th Infantry Regiment, Company F at Camp Hale. Later, he transferred to Company H of the 86th and finally Company K of the 85th. He was stationed at Camp Hale (Colorado), Camp Swift (Texas) and engaged in combat operations against the German Army in Italy. At the end of World War II, Schwarzchild returned to Camp Carson (Colorado). After his discharge, Schwarzchild returned to the University of Connecticut, where he received a BA in American and English Literature.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Richard Schwarzchild; 2010.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Schwarzchild, Richard, 1924- -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Richard Schwarzchild Papers
- Keli Schmid
- June 30, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States