Baur's Candy Company Recipe Notebook
Scope and Contents
2 loose leaf notebooks containing hand written confectionery recipes (ca.1942, n.d.); 4 black-and-white photographs of men making candy (n.d.).
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Baur's Candy Co. (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Company founded in 1872 by Otto Baur. Initially a confectionary and ice cream parlour, Baur's later enlarged its operations to include restaurants. The company operated for many years at 1514 Curtis St., Denver. Colo. It ceased operations in the late-1960s.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Baur's Candy Co. (Denver, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Candy Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Candy -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Confectioners -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cookbooks. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manufacturing industries -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States