Paul V. Livingston Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains four photo albums (1942, 1945, 1971, n.d.) documenting Livingston's wartime service and 10th Mountain reunions attendance; 43 loose photographs (1980-1995) of reunions and Mt. Rainier plaque and memorial service at Alta Vista, Paradise Park (1980).
- Livingston, Paul V.,1914-1998. (Person)
- Meyers, W. Michael, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Paul Vane Livingston was born on November 25, 1914 in Portland, Oregon and enlisted in the Army at Portland on June 23, 1941. At the time of enlistment he had completed one year of college, was unmarried and working as an office clerk. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Lewis, Washington and was assigned to the Mountain Training Group, but also served with Headquarters, and the Third Battalion Headquarters of the 87th Medical Detachment, and Companies B and D of the 10th Mountain Medical Battalion. Livingston also served at Fort Ord, California; Kiska, Alaska; the Columbia Icefield, Alberta, Canada; and at Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. During combat operations, he was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for his actions at Rocca di Roffeno on April 15, 1945. Livingston attained the rank of Sargeant. He died in Portland, Oregon on October 12, 1998.
2 oversize boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; W. Michael Meyers; 1999.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Livingston, Paul V., 1914-1998 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Paul V. Livingston Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 7, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States