Alps Gold Mining Company Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 5 vols. of company financial records: account books, time records and payroll, mine earnings; miscellaneous receipts; canceled checks; assay statements; memoranda for gold bullion deposited at the U.S. Mint in Denver.
- Alps Gold Mining Company (Denver, Colo). (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Denver, Colo. company operating the Alps Mine on Quartz Hill, Gilpin County, Colo. Gold and silver ore was mined from the Alps lode beginning in the 1860s into the 20th century.
1 box(es) (.5 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown donor; n.d.
- Account books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Alps Gold Mining Company (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Financial records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gold mines and mining -- Colorado -- Gilpin County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mining corporations -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script