James W. Bormann Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 13 color and b/w photographs of members of Company L, 87th Infantry Regiment (1943).
- Bormann, James W.,Jr.,1922- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
James W. Bormann, Jr., was born in White Plains, New York in 1922. He completed four years of high school and was working on a farm at the time of his enlistment in the U.S. Army. He enlisted on November 4, 1942 at New York City. Bormann joined the 10th Mountain Division while it was engaged in mountain and winter warfare training at Camp Hale, Colorado and was assigned to Company L, 87th Infantry Regiment. Bormann also trained at Fort Ord, California for the invasion of Kiska Island, and participated in the invasion on August 15, 1943. Upon returning to Camp Carson, Bormann was assigned to the 398th Signal Company, attached to the 13th Air Force in the Pacific Theater. Following the War, Bormann opened a small, country store, which he operated until 1959. He then started a home heating oil business, which he sold in 1981. He also maintained a real estate license until 1997. Bormann was active with the Methodist Church and served thirty-two years as a member of his local volunteer fire department.
1 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; James Bormann; 2010.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Bormann, James W., Jr., 1922- -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- James W. Bormann Papers
- Keli Schmid
- June 30, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script