Ralph A. Wiese Papers
Scope and Contents
Items include the following materials from the Mount Rainier test expedition (1942): copies of journal entries and a set of 140 35mm negatives. Copies of the following color motion picture films: "First Battalion, 87th Infantry, Mountain Reinforced," and "10th Mountain Ski Lessons, Climbing Formations."
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ralph A. Wiese (1913-1985) was born in New York State. He enlisted in the Army on July 10, 1941 at Portland, Oregon. He was living in Multnomah County Oregon at the time of his enlistment. He had completed three years of college, worked as a chiropractor and was still single. Wiese was assigned to the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment, which would eventually become part of the 10th Mountain Division. He served in Company A and in the 87th medics. He was stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington and departed the unit when it moved to Jolon, California in late 1942.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Eleanore Wiese; 2002, 2008.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Black-and-white negatives Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Motion pictures (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- Wiese, Ralph A., 1913-1985 -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ralph A. Wiese Papers
- Keli Schmid
- December 26, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script