First Regiment Band and Orchestra Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains scrapbook pages (newspaper clippings and programs), receipt, certificate of discharge, correspondence of the band's manager, Fred Haberl.
- First Regiment Band and Orchestra (Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Military band and orchestra organized on September 16, 1879, succeeding the Governor's Guard Band. Later appointed First Battalion Band, National Guard of Colorado, stationed in Denver. In 1893 played first season of concerts in Denver's public parks. Fred Haberl elected manager June 24, 1894; O.H. Richter engaged as conductor Aug. 10, 1894.
1 envelope(s) (9 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Colorado Pioneer Museum, Haberl letters; n.d. Gift; Unknown; n.d.
- Bands (Music) -- Colorado -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado. National Guard -- History -- 19th century.
- Concerts -- Colorado -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- First Regiment Band and Orchestra (Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Haberl, Fred -- Correspondence.
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Richter, Oswald H., 1857-1941.
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the First Regiment Band and Orchestra Records.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script