Windsor Hotel Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains trust deeds (1890, 1893), mortgage (1896), correspondence, and stationary related to the Windsor Hotel, Denver, Colo. Legal documents executed in London by British Investment Group.
- 1889-circa 1950s
- Windsor Hotel (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The Windsor Hotel opened in 1880 and was well known in Denver, Colorado. It was located on the northwest corner of 18th Street and Larimer Street. The hotel was renovated in the early 1940s and rebranded as the Famous Old Windsor Hotel, but was ultimately demolished in 1959.
1 Box (0.25 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, unknown donor, undated; Timothy Gallagher, 2023.
Collection formerly cataloged as: C MSS -M853.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Hotels -- Colorado -- Denver -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal instruments Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Windsor Hotel (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States