Henry C. "Hank" Chase Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes a Fort Lewis Service Album containing 50 black and white photographs (ca.1943).
- Chase, Henry C.,1920- (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Henry C. "Hank" Chase was born in Massachusetts in 1920. He enlisted in the Army at Boston, Massachusetts on June 19, 1942. At the time of enlistment he had completed four years of high school, was unmarried and worked as a metal worker. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Fort Lewis, Washington and was assigned to Company E of the 87th Infantry Regiment. Chase also served at Jolon, California; Camp Hale, Colorado; Fort Ord, California; Kiska, Alaska; Camp Carson, Colorado; and Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. During combat operations at Mt. Serra, he was awarded the Silver Star Medal for his actions on April 17, 1945. Chase attained the rank of Sergeant.
1 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Chase, Henry C., 1920- -- Archives.
- Fort Lewis (Wash.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Pictorial works.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Pictorial works.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Henry C. "Hank" Chase Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 8, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States