Marnie Jump oral history
Scope and Contents
Discusses the history of Arapahoe Basin Ski area in Summit County, Colo. and the Jump's involvement with the development of the facility.
- Check date
- Jump, Marjorie Brown,1918-2011. (Person)
- Campbell, Nanci (Person)
- Dolder, B. (Person)
- Jump, Marjorie Brown, 1918-2011, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Marjorie "Marnie" Brown born August 10, 1918; learned to ski at Bennington College, Vt. (1930s); worked at Arapahoe Basin, Summit County, Colo. in the 1940s; married Lawrence "Larry" Jump (1913-1985) co-founder of the ski area. Involved with facility until 1972 when Arapahoe Basin was sold. Member of the Colorado Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame (2000). Died on June 23, 2011 in Denver, Colo.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Arapahoe Basin (Colo.) $x History.
- Jump, Laurence, 1913-1989 -- Archival resources.
- Jump, Marjorie Brown, 1918-2011 -- Interviews.
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski resorts -- Colorado -- Arapahoe Basin -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Summit County (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Marnie Jump oral history,2003 December 1,[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script