Marlin Weinberg Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains copy of a 4-part, handwritten account by Weinberg of the activities of 3rd section, 3rd platoon (81mm mortars), Company D, 1st Battalion, 85th Infantry Regiment during the Italian campaign (1945); copies of 5 letters written between Weinberg and his parents (April-November 1945).
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Marlin H. Wineberg was born in Pennsylvania in August 1924. He was attending Pennsylvania State College when he enlisted in the Army November 20, 1942. He received a deferment and reported for active duty May 28, 1943. Wineberg received his basic training at Camp Wheeler, Georgia and transferred to Camp Hale, Colorado to join the ski troops in September 1943. He served in Companies B and D, 1st Battalion, 85th Infantry Regiment, with most of his service in Company D. Although he was a staff sergeant, Wineberg served as acting 2nd Lieutenant for his platoon through much of the Italian Campaign. During combat in Italy, Wineberg received the Combat Infantryman Badge and the Bronze Star Medal. He was discharged from Fort Logan, Colorado in February 1946. Wineberg married Joy Rodney of Denver in 1952. Wineberg worked as a metallurgist for several aeronautical and aerospace companies. At age 89, Wineberg resides in Denver and remains active with the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division
1 Oversize file folder
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Marlin Weinberg; 2011.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- Wineberg, Marlin H., 1924- -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marlin Weinberg Papers
- Keli Schmid
- June 30, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script