Ernest L. Lederer Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 78 b/w photographs, with some identification, depicting Camp Hale, Colo., personnel, training (ca.1943-1944). Certification (copy) of naturalization for Ernest Louis Lederer, August 26, 1943.
- Ledered, Ernest L.,1915-1984. (Person)
- Carroll, Susan L., date, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Born in Austria on July 17, 1915, Lederer emigrated with his parents: Michael and Anna Lederer to the United States. Lederer enlisted in the U.S. Army on March 22, 1943 at New York City, New York. At the time of enlistment, he had completed grammar school, was married and living in the Bronx and working as a skilled photographic processor. Lederer was assigned to the 10th Mountain Medical Battalion, where he served with companies B and D. He became a naturalized citizen at Camp Hale, Colorado on August 26, 1943. Ernest Lederer died in Pine Bush, New York in June 1984.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Susan L. Carroll; 2011.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ledered, Ernest L., 1915-1984 -- Archives.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Medical Battalion, 10th.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ernest L. Lederer Papers
- Keli Schmid
- June 30, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States