Fritz Kaeser Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 19 pencil sketches of Camp Hale and the Italian Campaign (1945), 5 V-mail letters with drawings (1945), photographs of the Italian Campaign (1945), flier for: A life in photography by Fritz Kaeser (n.d.).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Fritz Kaeser was born on July 3, 1910 in Greenville, Ill. He studied industrial arts at the University of Ill., University of Wis., and Chicago Art Institute and during the 1930s operated a photographic studio in Madison, Wis. He joined the Army in 1943 and joined the 10th Mountain DIvision at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company D of the 10th Mountain Medical Battalion. He was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. and Italy. Following the war, Kaeser studied photography with Ansel Adams and throughout his live was self-employed with his own photography studio. He died in 1990 in Madison, Wisc.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kaeser, Fritz, 1910-1990 -- Archives.
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sketches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fritz Kaeser Papers
- Keli Schmid
- November 7, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script