John R. "Bob" Smith Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains clippings (1940s), ration card, passes, indentification cards, descriptions of the construction of Camp Hale.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
John R. "Bob" Smith was born on October 13, 1908 in Manitou, Okla. He received a degree in Engineering from Purdue University in 1931. Smith was the chief electrical engineer for Black and Veatch, the contractors who constructed Camp Hale, Colo. Smith was in charge of the design and construction of the power distribution system for the camp. He died on September 13, 1994 in Golden, Colo.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;John R. Smith;ca.1991.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Design and construction. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electrical plans Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military bases -- Design and construction. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smith, John R., 1908-1994 -- Archives.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John R. "Bob" Smith Papers
- Keli Schmid
- November 9, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script