Alfred Perkins Rockwell Letters
Scope and Contents
Collection contains chiefly letters home to his wife while visiting mines in Colo. and Utah. Notebook of his field notes from mines visited 1871, including a few sketches of things observed. Review (two versions) of James D. Hague's book: Mining industry (Washington : GPO, 1870).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Alfred Perkins Rockwell was a mining engineer and professor at M.I.T. In the summer of 1871 he lead a student tour of the mining districts near Central City, Georgetown, and Golden City, with a side trip to Salt Lake City, Utah.
1 envelope (20 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Michael Ginsberg, Sharon, Mass., purchase,1978.
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mines and mineral resources -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mines and mineral resources -- Utah. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mining engineers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sketches Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Alfred Perkins Rockwell Letters
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script