Samuel J. Morrison Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes: family correspondence (1943), personal correspondence (1956-2005), National Association of the 10th Mountain Division correspondence (2000-2007), 6 video tapes covering the various 10th Mountain Division reunions (1997-2000), International Federation of Mountain Soldiers Congress papers (2005), as well as ephemera, news clippings and photographs, copy of the "Prayer Book for Jews in the Armed Forces of the United States" by the National Jewish Welfard Board (ca.1943).
- Morrison, Samuel J.,1923- (Person)
- Morrison, Samuel J., (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Samuel J. Morrison was born September 3, 1923 in Englewood, N.J. as Samuel Meiselman. He enlisted in the Army in February 1943 and served until August 1945. Meiselman joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo., where he was assigned to the 86th Infantry Regiment. Later, he served with the 85th, 87th and 90th Regiments. During combat operations in Italy, Meiselman received the Bronze Star medal and was severely wounded. After the war, he received 100% disability allowance, and started a career as a vending machine owner/proprietor. At some time during the 1950's, Meiselman legally changed his name to Samuel J. Morrison. He has been extremely active with the National Association of the 10th Mountain Division.
1 Oversize file folder
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Samuel J. Morrison; 2005.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Meiselman, Samuel J., 1923- -- Archives.
- Morrison, Samuel J., 1923- -- Archives.
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc.
- Personal correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Prayer books Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th.
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 90th.
- Videotapes. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Samuel J. Morrison Papers
- Keli Schmid
- June 16, 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States